Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Official Offer of Appointment for the Junior Officer Training Class

Bueno. After thirteen months and sixteen days of jumping through hoops, not-so-patiently waiting for months on end, filling out (1) 44 page application form, (1) 77 page security clearance form, taking about fourteen leaps of faith, memorizing all of the presidents, learning the difference between diffuse and defuse, overcoming bronchitis and pneumonia, flying stand-by round-trip from St. Louis to Washington-Reagan, spending one very long night in bed with a catfish (aka my brother samuel),(1) excruciating 10 hour day at Annex 44, mutilating my feet in my diplomat stilettos, having five vats of blood drawn on three separate occasions, having multiple meltdowns and praying fervently every step of the way - it is complete.

I am in.

I have overcome the odds - I am now one of about 2% of people who begin this process who can call themselves Foreign Service Officers for the Department of State, United States of America...

and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment